True confessions of a crap housekeeper:
- I vacuumed last week – for the first time in weeks and my place already needs another vaccum.
- I desperately need to mop (after the vaccum – obviously) and haven’t done so for at least a month (since I had visitors coming!).
- I’ve used the cyclone and bad weather as an excuse to leave my dirty glass sea-front windows and balustrades. (Which would be fine, ‘cept two months have now passed.)
- I have no routine for washing sheets and towels in my new life. Sometimes it’s weekly, other times three weeks could go by (well, for the sheets, not the towels – even I’m not that grotty)!
- There are most certainly bits of food down the side of my favourite armchair (aka: place I dine every night). Note to self: do something about that.
- I can’t remember the last time I watered my plants.
- I haven’t shopped in over a week and have nothing in my fridge.
There’s probably more but I’m bored now.
In all honesty the only thing I miss about not having a job is not having the income that goes along with it. Which I suspect is the only reason most people work.
And sure, I miss being able to spend money frivolously on facials or eyebrow waxes or… you know, physio appointments, but do you know what I miss the most?!
I MISS MY CLEANING LADY!
That is all.
You don’t need to confirm my housekeeping crapness, but feel free to share confessions of your own!