I’m again linking up with the lovely Denyse Whelan who’s challenged us to share TEN things we like about ourselves. But first… because I’ve endured this earworm, it’s your turn.
And yes, I know that’s not EXACTLY the topic, but it jumped into my head and hasn’t disappeared. Along with the Heath Ledger / Julia Stiles movie, 10 Things I Hate About You – the first DVD I ever owned incidentally… because it came free with my first DVD player!
But… enough about pop culture. Today’s post is a challenge for me as my dad was very much anti-arrogance as I was growing up. Indeed, I’ve remained paranoid about ever being caught looking in a mirror because he once commented on it being vain.
Sadly / happily I’ve inherited much of his self-deprecating bravado. Even when I sometimes don’t mean it. But I’m all-growed-up now and know better. Or different(ly). So… I’m going to be brave and risk being seen as ‘totes up-myself’ and do this thang…
- I like children and am generally good with them
- I care about others (I’m self-absorbed, but still a softie)
- I love reading
- I refuse to watch The Bachelor/ette or Housewives of whatever
- I have a wonderfully devoted mum (and dad, once)
- I’m fairly coordinated & flexible for someone who’s been overweight for the past 25yrs
- My spelling and grammar are pretty good
- I’m good at schmoozing and being nice to people (even when I don’t want to be… it’s the former diplomat in me!)
- My constitution’s surprisingly good given my lack of interest in all fruit and many vegetables
- I’m sarcastic / funny / droll / have a fun sense of humour.
And there you have it…. things I like about me. I commented on Twitter yesterday that I reached seven and became stuck. A friend suggested I seek advice from those who know me. I am intrigued about what people would say, but know they wouldn’t be too honest about the negative stuff (plus I already know I’m an obsessive control freak!).
Is this something you find hard?
I’m linking up with Denyse Whelan for Life This Week.