The lovely Lee-Anne from Is it just me? awarded me one of her lovely blog awards and invited me to share seven random things about myself.
I’ve done something similar before once or twice and overshare anyway… so offering up new facts is kinda hard, but as it’s Monday I thought I’d join the LaughLinkUp gang by sharing the weird and slightly embarrassing. Cos, well… why not?!
So… here goes:
- I chew the crap out of pens. When I worked in the real world my colleagues always knew which were mine without needing forensics to analyse the teeth indentations. And yes (I have an undergraduate psychology degree) I know what Freud would have to say about that little habit!
- I can only read in the bath. Once upon a time it was different. But now – magazine, real book or ebook – bath only. I’ve tried to read in bed, lying down…. but can’t.
- I don’t watch any television live. I record everything and watch it when I’m in the mood. And I like to binge-watch stuff so I’ll often save a few episodes to watch at once. Plus then I don’t have the pesky ads issue!
- I rarely listen to music although I’m not sure why cos I love it. Mostly when I’m at home I’m at my desk (writing stuff), in the bath (reading stuff), in front of the TV (watching stuff) or in bed. Trying to sleep ‘n’ stuff. And for some reason background music just isn’t something I ‘do’.
- I love the ‘People you may know’ function on LinkedIn. While I’d never consider Facebook’s ‘friends’ recommendations (hello, that’s my personal space!), I find myself intrigued as to who LinkedIn’s algorithms will suggest I connect with.
- #Inrelatednews. I’ve closed my blog Facebook pages. Cos, well… #meh. Now I just share my posts on my personal page with my meagre padre of friends. UNLESS… there’s embarrassing or very personal stuff in post, in which case I don’t share it. However… I tend to forget my blog posts are automatically shared on LinkedIn. So former colleagues, potential clients and various important people (who have
nothing better to dotime to kill and click on the link) can read my angsty blog posts. #Faaarck!
- I’m a closet messy person. My living spaces are usually pretty tidy. I hate clutter and mess. Indeed, *some* may consider me to be a tad anal. However… my ‘hidden’ spaces are another matter. My desk looks like it’s been ransacked. My spare bedroom is usually filled with washed clothes needing to be returned to cupboards and wardrobes and… as for my own wardrobe, well… (refer to pic on the left!).
So there you have it. Seven exciting, weird and random things about me. I’m supposed to tag other bloggers now to share, but several people I know have already participated, so I’ll leave it up to you. Feel free to share random facts below in the comments or in your own blog post. Or feel free to tell me I’m not weird at all! 😉
Joining the LaughLinkUp today.