Blogger Melly tagged me in her latest post. I met Melly (online) through my dieting world but her posts are always really interesting (and varied!). She is a real foodie and I’m constantly impressed by her own cooking as well as the pictures she takes while dining out. She’s also hugely into fashion and knowledgeable about designers and stuff. Which I’m not (though possibly once was. A bit). We have a similar taste in TV shows, but I must confess my music tastes are far more pedestrian!
Anyhoo… having been awarded a ‘lovely blog’ award by Miss Melly, I’m supposed to be offering up seven random facts about myself. I’ve done something similar before (here and here), and tend to over-share anyway, so thinking of new stuff to share could be a stretch! But here goes:
- I spend a lot of time alone and I (mostly) don’t have a problem with it. I know others who could not possibly stay at home all weekend without having outside plans or organised activities, but I am most-excellent at entertaining myself. (It’s a bit of a family trait in fact!)
- I’m really short-sighted and cannot do anything without my glasses or my contact lenses. (And I hate myself in glasses, so only wear them at home, or if desperate!)
- I’m quite capable of eating the same thing for the same meals day after day (after day after day).
- I generally do several things at once, but CANNOT (and will not) do something other than eat / drink when I’m watching TV. My mother reads magazines or does crosswords while watching TV and I don’t get this. I’m either focussed and watching, or the TV’s off.
- Having said that though, my type A personality means I’m a heathen when it comes to films, television and literature. I read quickly so I tend to skim and don’t appreciate beautiful prose; and I fast-forward ‘boring’ scenes in TV shows / movies. In fact, I enjoy foreign language films as I can watch them on fast-forward and just read subtitles! (I often play the subtitles on DVDs in English-speaking movies and shows for the same reason!!!)
- I hate non-fiction. I’ve read the occasional self-help type book (though avoid them if possible) but there is no way in hell I will read an autobiography or biography or similar.
- I have (over the last 10 or so years – on and off) been into housey magazines. I’m no expert but can pick a Barcelona Chair, or Noguchi table or Philippe Starck Louis Ghost Chair at a glance!
In other news:
- Series 4 of Fringe has just started here and… I have to say… WTF?!I recall Season 3 ended strangely (with everyone forgetting the existence of one of the main characters); but I found myself watching the first episode of the new season wondering if I’d missed something. The show is prone to keep one guessing or challenge one’s reasoning, but I can usually keep up (cos, I’m not THAT stupid!). Hmmmm…. I must do some research to see what others are saying but can’t help but wonder if this is the beginning of the end.
- I’m seriously in love with this blog (brought to my attention by Melly!): Suri’s Burn Book. It’s rare for me to like a mostly picture-based blog, but the few words endowed upon us by ‘Suri’ are certainly worth their weight in gold. H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S. Absolutely.
Ages ago I wrote that it’s possible for me to fall in love with someone through their writing. Sadly faux Suri was recently outed as a 25yr old Washington woman, so the me-not-being-gay thing is a bit problematic.
- Finally, preparations are almost complete for my attendance at my ever first blogging conference at the end of June. My ticket for the one-day Nuffnang Blogopolis has been booked for a couple of months; but I’ve now booked my accommodation at the conference venue and paid for my flights to Sydney. So, all I have yet to do is lose about 20kg and find some new clothes so I can look as funky and fabulous as I’d like… to blend in with all of my fellow bloggers.Oh, and I finally ticked off something on my much overdue ‘to-do’ list; as I bought my seven month old MacBook Air a (Kate Spade) case… so it won’t feel self-conscious amongst the other laptops, notebooks and iPads at the conference. (Oh, and so it won’t get broked as I throw it about my handbags and suitcases!)
If tagged, what random things would you share about yourself?